Sunday, November 18, 2007

Monday Morning Coffee: 11/19/07

I'm going to make this a regular feature on the blog. Hopefully it will give something to do while you begin dreading the week and are trying to suck down that first cup of joe, or Pepsi, or whatever your particular early morning vice is. I can't even begin to start the day myself without some very stiff coffee and a cigarette, so here we go:

--Okay, okay I give. The Patriots are THE most dominating team that I have ever seen in pro football. They are not just winning games, they are simply destroying other teams. And before anybody else says it, they were trailing the Colts on the road and came back to win that game. They are simply unstoppable at this point. Maybe an indictment or two could slow them down.

--Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for winning his second consecutive Nextel Cup. Just watching Jeff Gordon NOT win was good enough for me. I hate that guy.

--Green Bay and Dallas just keep winning and winning, setting up a huge game on November 29 that will more than likely be for home field advantage come playoff time. Yes, Romo and Owens look better each week it seems, but for those that thought that Brett had lost a step or some zip off his fastball, don't you feel stupid now.

--The Colts managed to eek, and I mean eek out a win over the Chiefs on Sunday. They have got to get some people healthy or they are going to have a short playoff run this year.

--Pittsburgh's Mr. Hyde came out this week. How in the hell do you go and lose to the Jets? The Jets, for Christ sake. I still say they will be there come playoff time but consistency has to be an issue for this team and Coach Mike Tomlin right now.

--The Rams won their second straight game. I only mention this for my friend Slydawg and for the fact that if the Rams keep winning and can finish the season with 5 or 6 wins, Linahan just might keep his job for another year.

--Think Ricky Williams will help the 0-10 Dolphins? Well, I've got a great deal for you..........

And last but not least, the winner of this weeks What The Hell Are You Doing Award:
Jody Powell, 35, hung on to a 12-foot statue of "Hannah Montana" for the better part of six days to win tickets to a sold-out concert by Miley Cyrus, star of the Disney Channel TV show. The concert will be held next week in Tampa. Personally, I can think of a lot better things to do in Tampa.

Have a Good Week and remember: Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill!!

No comments: